Sunday - Lemon-Tarragon Salmon over Asparagus
Monday - Roasted Eggplant and Chickpea Soup (I didn't end up making it last week)
Tuesday - Sushi
Wednesday - Spicy Pork Salad (although I will use red leaf lettuce instead of iceberg)
Thursday - Sauteed Escarole with Toasted Pearl Couscous and Eggs
Friday - Chickpea Patties with Tomato and Halumi Salad - See below for the recipe
Saturday - Pad Thai
Chickpea Patties with Tomato and Halumi Salad
Chickpea Patties – Donna Hay Magazine, Issue 48
2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 green onions, trimmed and chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
2 Tbsp self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup sesame seeds
¼ cup olive oil, extra, for shallow frying
1. Place chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon rind, flour, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and process for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture forms a thick paste.
2. Add the sesame seeds and mix to combine. Shape 1 Tbsp of the mixture at a time into patties.
3. To cook, heat the extra olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Makes 24
(To freeze uncooked patties, divide into 4 portions and place in zip-lock bags or airtight containers. Freeze up to 3 months. Before cooking, place the patties in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight and allow to defrost completely.)
6 cups of your favorite salad greens
Parsley leaves, chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
halumi cheese – this is generally sold in a block, make sure you have enough for 2-3 full
slices for each salad
Fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. Assemble the salad greens, parsley, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucumber on each plate.
2. Thinly slice the halumi cheese and fry in a sauté pan for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned. Add to the salad.
3. Add the cooked chickpea patties to the salad
4. Sprinkle the salad with the fresh lemon juice and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.