Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Movie Review

Sorry my posting has been a bit sporadic this holiday season.  Time with friends and family is so important to me, that other responsibilities get pushed to a back burner sometimes.

During our holiday break I got to see a number of movies.  Here are my thoughts on each:


IMDb
J .Edgar - an interesting movie full of historical information and yet a love story that I found touching.  Both Leonardo DiCaprio and Armie Hammer are terrific in this film.   
The Descendants Poster
IMDb
The Descendants - I was disappointed with this film.  I found it sad and the only highlights for me were the young kids in the film - they provided the much needed comic relief. 


IMDb
Young Adult - I liked this movie.  If you are from a small town like myself you can totally relate to it.  The movie has a lot of layers and Charlize Theron's acting is terrific.


IMDb
The Adventures of Tintin - This was for my husband, he read Tintin as a kid.  The movie was fun, I wished we had seen it in 3-D.  I found myself caught up in believing that I was watching real people, even though they were animated. 


IMDb
My Week With Marylin - I really liked this movie.  The setting was terrific and I thought Michelle Williams totally nailed Marylin Monroe.  I will be anxious to see if she gets the Golden Globe for this.  If you want a nice, entertaining movie, go see this one.

I would have liked to have added War Horse, but at the end of the day I think I will cry through a lot of the movie and decided against seeing it right now.  I am still holding out hope for a trip to NYC this year, and then I'll see it on Broadway if it is still there.  I am really looking forward to seeing The Iron Lady, I can't wait for it to be released!

Did you see any movies this holiday that you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...