Watermelon Limeade - from Martha Stewart
Makes 2 quarts
1. Working in batches, puree in blender watermelon with lime juice and sugar until smooth. Add more sugar, if needed.
2. Transfer puree to a pitcher; add vodka, if desired. Cover; chill until ready to serve.
3. Stir; pour into tumblers, over ice. Garnish with mint.
If I am feeling up for it I will whip up these nuts for Dad...otherwise he'll have to munch on whatever is available in the house!
Spiced Ginger Cashews - from Martha Stewart
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 ounce to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 cups roasted cashews
- 1/4-inch-thick slices peeled fresh ginger
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Stir together sugar, coarse salt, ground ginger, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
2. Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until frothy. Stir roasted cashews into egg white; toss to coat.
3. Sprinkle sugar-and-spice mixture over nuts, and stir to coat. Arrange nuts in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake, stirring halfway through, until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool, or serve warm.