Here is what we are having for dinner next week...
Sunday - Salmon-Ginger Rice Bowl After making this tonight I suggest you make a bit more of the marinade to pour over the salmon and cook the salmon in a parchment package at 425 degrees F for 11 minutes.
Monday - Chicken Feta Salad
Tuesday - Dad is cooking, and won't tell me what he is making...
Wednesday - Spinach Soup with Creamy Potato Mustard Mash
Thursday - Dinner Out
Friday - Creamy Asparagus Soup with a Poached Egg
Saturday - Mustard Beef with Fennel - See Below for the Recipe
Mustard Beef with Fennel - Donna Hay Magazine, Issue #54
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp seeded mustard
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp caster sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil, extra
1 x 250g beef fillet, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 fennel bulb, sliced
2 bunches asparagus, halved and blanched
lemon wedges, to serve
1. Place the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, garlic, and sugar in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
2. Heat the extra olive oil in a wok over high heat until hot. Add the beef in batches and cook, stirring for 30-45 seconds or until just brown and set aside.
3. Add the fennel and asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Return the beef to the wok, add the mustard mixture and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
5. Arrange on plates and serve with lemon wedges.