Here is what we are having for dinner next week...
Sunday - Lemon-Tarragon Salmon Over Asparagus
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday - Lemon and Ginger Chicken
Wednesday - Lamb Keema
Thursday - Garlic Chickpeas and Chorizo - See Below for the Recipe
Friday - Spiced Chicken with Carrott Salad and Harissa Yogurt
Saturday - Beef with Wasabi Mash and Asian Greens - See Below for the Recipe
Garlic Chickpeas and Chorizo - Donna Hay Magazine, Issue #54
3 chorizo, sliced
4 cloves Garlic, sliced
1 Tbsp shredded lemon zest
250g cherry tomatoes
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
1/3 cup basil leaves
1 Tbsp lemon juice
finely grated parmesan, to serve
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the chorizo is golden and crisp.
2. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook for 1 minutes.
3. Place the tomatoes in a sieve and press to split and release some of the excess juice and seeds.
4. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas to the pan and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until heated through.
5. Stir through the basil and lemon juice. Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
Beef with Wasabi Mash and Asian Greens - Adapted from Donna Hay Magazine, Issue 54
1kg starchy potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp wasabi paste
1/2 cup milk
sea salt and cracked pepper
4 x 200g fillet steaks
4 green onions sliced
1 bunch bok choy trimmed and blanched
4 Tbsp store bought chilli jam
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan with the wasabi, milk, butter, salt and pepper, and mash until smooth.
2. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
3. Top the mash with the sliced steaks and the green onions and serve with the bok choy and chili jam.