- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a bowl, toss matzo pieces with almonds.
- In a saucepan, bring butter, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil over medium, stirring constantly. Working quickly, drizzle matzo mixture with syrup, and toss.
- Using a heatproof spatula, spread mixture onto prepared sheet. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let chocolate melt 5 minutes; spread chocolate over matzo toffee. Refrigerate until chocolate has set. Break into pieces, and serve. (To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 5 days.)
Pistachio Brittle (from Martha Stewart)
Makes 4 cups
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and top with a wire rack. Place matzos on top of rack. Drizzle chocolate over matzos until almost covered. Immediately sprinkle evenly with chopped nuts and salt. Transfer to refrigerator and chill until set, about 15 minutes. Break into pieces. If chocolate softens, return to refrigerator until set. Matzo crunch is best eaten the day it is made.
All images from http://www.marthastewart.com/