1. Calculate your carbon footprint. You can use the calculator at the EPA's website here.
2. Reduce the amount of baths you take. Showering uses a lot less water. If you are already shower, try seeing if you can reduce the amount of time you spend in it, even if it is just one minute less. You can also change your shower heads to low flow.
7. Change out those light bulbs. And if you leave the room, turn those lights off.
8. Take your own shopping bag. I love my LL Bean bags, they hold so much and are very sturdy.
9. Try gardening. You can start small with a few pots of herbs that you enjoy or plant a whole garden!
10. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
If you want some inspiration on how to live greener check out this article from Sunset Magazine on a family who doesn't have any trash!