Monday, May 23, 2011

Write it out loud!

 "Letter writing is one of our most charming forms of social etiquette, but it is the generosity of time that makes it so special."    {Hanna Brooks Nation}

I love this quote from the May 2011 issue of Matchbook Magazine.  This is such a true statement.  I love to send friends notes - either hello, thank you, or good luck!  And I know how wonderful it feels to receive a letter in the mail.  Last year we hosted a dinner for my husband's office at our home.  We received two personal thank you letters from executives who attended.  It made me feel so good that someone so busy would take the time to write a thank you letter. 

I try to make sure I send thank you notes as promptly as possible.  This is something that my mother instilled in me and my sister and it is something I intend to teach my children.  A thank you note is a lovely gesture.



Via
Via
Via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...