Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Dirty Dozen

I try to buy organic produce, but it isn't always available at my local grocery store, and I am not lucky enough to have a Whole Foods close by.  Lucky for me, my husband enjoys tending to a vegetable garden and my Dad is an amazing gardener and gives me plenty of fruits and vegetables.  After enjoying fresh asparagus from my Dad's garden I thought it would be a good time to review what makes the Dirty Dozen list of fruits and vegetables.

12 Most Contaminated:
My Thirty Spot via Becky Blondell via Pinterest

  • Peaches
  • Apples
  • Cherries
  • Strawberries
  • Imported Grapes
  • Pears
  • Nectarines
  • Sweet Bell Peppers
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Celery
  • Potatoes

On the other hand, here are the least contaminated...

  • Pineapples
  • Mangos
  • Kiwi
  • Bananas
  • Papaya
  • Avocado
  • Frozen Sweet Peas
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Asparagus
  • Frozen Sweet Corn
  • Onions

If this list is hard for you to remember, just download the free, Dirty Dozen App available from iTunes. 

iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...